Aug 28, 2012

summer vegetable "gratin"


A gratin is meant to be smothered in cups and cups of delicious cheese, but I was looking for a light side dish to go with my roast chicken and cous cous  so I all but eliminated the cheese in this one. I know, what the hell. Basically, this was just a pretty way to roast some fresh summer vegetables. I seasoned with lemon juice, salt and pepper, and olive oil, and made a "crust" out of parmesan, flour and.... rosé. I needed something wet and the rosé was already in my hand so it just felt right, you know? Although slightly pinkish at first, once baked it added just the crunch that this dish needed.







6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks so yummy and easy!!! I'm definitely going to try this!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is so easy! thanks for stopping by, jenny!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE summer veggies!

    http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy delicious! I would love to make that!

    xoxo,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dish is so pretty!!! Need to look up some recipes. I'm having an end of summer giveaway on my blog, would love it if you could pass by and enter.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com/

    ReplyDelete